Friday, April 20, 2012

Intro to Spring Unit

It's spring time here in Michigan and we started our spring unit today. I read "Wake Up, It's Spring" by Lisa Campbell Ernst. I love this story. It has some great spring words and is simply written. Perfect for kiddos with language delays!


Today, we simply read the book. To start we talked about all the items we saw on the cover. A bunny hopping, the bunny tail, letters (I was SUPER excited someone pointed those out!!), the flowers, grass and sky (I had to assist with those last ones). Then I read the story aloud. We acted out some of the items, wiggled like the worm, grew like the seed, flew like the ladybug and bird, stretched like the cat, you get the idea! 

The last thing we did was pull out each item from the story that I had hidden in my guess bag. Each student pulled out an item, then said the name of the item and put the picture on the magnet board. Tomorrow we will read the story again and put the pictures in order at story time. The kiddos seemed to enjoy themselves and I did too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment