Tuesday, June 5, 2012

future tense: I will

Camping!

We started our finally unit of the school year!! Hard to believe so much time has passed already. For the final unit, we are going camping! To start the unit off we reviewed camp vocabulary words and watched a video through Discovery Streaming. Your school needs to be a member to access the videos. If your school has a membership here is the link to the video we watched.

The next day, I brought in some camping items from home (a tent, sleeping bag, backpack, mess kit, cooler, and flashlight.) I set these out and some non-camping items. The kiddos had to decided what to bring on the camping trip!

Language Goals
Expressive language: Future tense (I will bring)
Receptive Language: What questions

Name and review all of the items to start.
Teacher should model the first item.
T: I will bring the tent camping. Who will bring the tent?
S: Sloan will bring the tent!
Let each child pick an item to bring. We sang a song after each item.
"I will bring the tent, I will bring the tent, heigh-ho off we go, I will bring the tent." (sung to Farmer and the Dell).
Here are the vocabulary pictures I used for this unit. 

 

CENTERS
Writing Center- I had a writing prompt made for the kids "I will bring the ______________." I set our the vocabulary pictures and the kiddos had to pick one item to bring. They wrote the word on the line (with the help of the classroom para) and drew a picture to match. 

No comments:

Post a Comment