Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bathroom Items

Around the House: Introduce Bathroom Items

Language Targets: she, under, and next to
Understanding where questions

In this lesson,  I introduced bathroom items. The vocabulary for the bathroom was: bathtub, sink, toilet, mirror, toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, brush, and comb. (I asked  my students what each of the pictures was before I started the unit and they all called a toothbrush "brush your teeth" and a sink was "wash your hands." I love that!)

I brought in actual items for the kids to hold and touch. www.kizclub.com has some great pictures. 

This lesson is a repeat form from early in the around the house unit. Give one student the boy doll and give that student a direction using either under or next to. 

T: Put the boy under the soap. Where is she?
S: She is under the soap. (variations: under the soap or just under.)

Continue around the table giving each student multiple chances to play.




Centers

Trace and color bathroom items. I had the students at the center with my aide tracing the actual bathroom items. Then they colored the pictures they traced. 

Puffy paint a house picture. I made my own puffy paint (thanks pinterest! here is the link for homemade puffy paint
**side note, I would copy the house pictures on heavy paper, construction paper works fine. The puffy paint is kindof heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment