Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sorting bedroom and bathroom items

Is that in the bedroom or the bathroom?

Language Targets:
that, in
Where questions

I put the doll house items from the bedroom and the bathroom in my guess bag. Give the bag to one student and let him pick an item from the bag. No peeking!!
T: What is that?
S: That is a bed.
T: Where does that go? In the bedroom or the bathroom?
S: In the bedroom! (if students are more advanced in language "The bed is in the bedroom." If the students are less advanced "bedroom" is acceptable.)
I had two rooms to the wooden house for the kids to sort the items in. If you don't have those hula hoops labeled with pictures work well.


Ok for some reason my picture will only load in the vertical position, even though it shows it the right way on my computer!! Arghh!!! Well you get the idea at least.

Centers

Dab painting pictures of toothbrush and toothpaste

Poke picture of towel with golf tee (tape the picture to construction paper and poke the black lines with the golf tee. This is best done on carpet.)



5 comments:

  1. I think this web site is cool. I was wondering what the picture with the holes was in his Andrew's folder. What skill is this teaching him? Phil and Jamie Czernik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil and Jamie, So glad you like the site. I am trying to get caught up with the lessons!! Maybe this weekend. The sheets with the circles under the pictures were focusing on listening and auditory training. I was checking to see if the students understood the vocabulary that we have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry. I meant the paper with the picture traced with the golf tee which has holes in the paper. What skill is that teaching Andrew. Phil Czernik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Phil and Jamie! Those sheets are to strengthen his fingers/hands for fine motor skills. He needs strong hands/fingers for cutting and writing!! Poking a picture with a golf tee helps to do this.

    ReplyDelete