Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Around the House

Around the House!

We started the around the house unit. To open the unit I read In a People's House by Dr. Seuss*
Using doll furniture we talked about the different rooms in a house and some of the items in each room.

The vocublary for this unit is:
Bedroom: bed, dresser, pillow, and blanket.
Bathroom: Bathtub, sink, toilet, mirror, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, comb, hairbrush
Kitchen: sink, stove, mircrowave, fridge, table, and chairs
Living Room: couch (sofa), lamp, T.V.  and chair.

Last we colored and cut out the rooms in a house and glued the rooms onto construction paper.



The pictures can be found here Rooms of the house in color or Rooms of the house in black and white
The kizclub.com website has some great pictures as well for vocublary words, those can be found here Look under My House.

Centers
Watecolored pictures of houses. I used some pictures that can be found here Click on any of the pictures that fit your unit. ***I have found you need to copy the pictures onto thicker paper for watercoloring (I know sounds logically and yet I stil needed to figure it out for myself!)

Played with the doll houses.

Play in the house area (I sadly don't have a classroom big enough for one, but would love to have one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment